Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In the end, you do what is easiest...

I have setup my blog on various hosted tools, as part of other tools (particularly at the University, like Sakai and Moodle), and installed locally hosted tools (doesn't everybody Wordpress now?). In the end though, I switched over to Google's Blogger because it is just so durned easy.

I must be going through a phase - lately I have been divesting myself of digital artifacts and environments, consolidating in an effort to make my online life more productive and less intrusive. We are always good at coming up with whizbang things, but not always good at figuring out how to make them effectively fit into our lives. That, we do on our own.

One thing this blog tool does not do (at least I haven't found it) is categorize entries to create a blogroll for different communities. So on this blog you will find an unordered mix of postings ranging from professional (Education, Software Engineering and Web Development) to personal (family, friends, and of course the Red Sox), to opinion (politics, society).

As always, what I post does not a reflect the position of my employer (Arizona State University or the State of Arizona).

No comments:

Post a Comment